Wednesday, February 21

Gentle Healer




It has been a long time.  Very very long time since I have posted anything here.  And today I have been inspired by a story in the Word of God that always speaks deeply into my heart.  It is where the woman who has been so sick with hemouraging, that she knows she has to see Jesus.
Today my daily reading included that story. It was all about her faith.   Here are my thoughts written in a type of poem.  There is more that I think, but will leave unwritten/unspoken.  Things between me and my LORD.  But - feel free to share yours.




Step.  Step
Step. Step.
I am so tired.
The loss of blood over the years has taken its toll on my energy
Step. Step.
I have to rest.
Just for a few minutes.
I heart that the Healer Jesus is coming this way.
I need to speak with him.
But oh,
I. am. so. tired.
I just need to sit down.
Right now.
Right here
Just for a few moments.

It is so hard to see anything.
The crowds are so numerous
Not only is it hard to see but it is so hard to move.
Maybe today will not be the day.
There are just so many people.
I need to sit here on the side.
I have nothing to lose.
What is another day on top of these 12 awful years.
Oh here is a wonderful place to stop.
Sit.
Rest.
The sun is shining on the lake and I feel the sunshine on my face.
I can here the sound of the water lapping up onto the shore.
Its. So. Good.

There is a boat in the water
Oh it is Jesus.  The gentle Healer.
Be Still my HEART!!
If i can only get close
But ...  everyone is running.
They all want a touch, a look, a blessing
If I can only get through this crowd so that he can at least hear me call.

Wait!
Don't go so fast
I'm coming!
If I can only touch even the hem of his garment ...
almost ...
almost ...
YES!!

Woa ... what happened?
A hot current ran from the tips of my fingers down into the depths of my being.
I felt it in my insides.
It was like a power surge.
his power in me!
WOA!!
Wait.  Can it be?

And then Jesus stopped.
I see him speaking to his twelve.
They look puzzled.
He is turning and looking all around him.
I heard him say "Who Touched my clothes/"

Really?  His disciples look baffled to say the least.
What do you mean Jesus - who touched you?
You can see the people pressing in from every side - all around you.
What are you asking?

But the Healer is intently looking.
Scanning the crowd.
He knew that power went out from him.
And well...
i knew too.
I knew the Healer was talking about me.
Oh yes, I knew what I had experienced.
I knew I had received power from him.
Oh there was no doubt that it happened.

I quietly but quickly made my way - pushing through the people.
I was so scared.
Had I dared to touch the Healer?
My body was trembling.
And when I got up to him, I fell prostrate at His feet.

And Jesus.
Oh so gentle.
So kind ...
So loving...
His eyes met mine as he extended his hand to help me up.
I told him everything - it spilled from my lips.
My history.
My 12 years of bleeding.
The fact that I had spent everything for a solution, but had received nothing.
I told him that somehow I just knew that if I could touch even the hem of his garment -
That I would be healed.
And with all the energy I could muster up - I did.
And ...
I was healed immediately.

Oh his eyes...
and his voice.
I will never forget those words to me.
He called me "Daughter" and said "your faith has healed you!"
MY FAITH HAS HEALED ME?
Yes.  Your faith has healed you.  Go in peace and be free from your suffering.

Healed!
This sounded and felt beautiful.
I.  Am.  Healed!

I touched the hem of the Healer.



The band Selah is one of my favourites, and I love this song!!  Have a listen.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgsWoArwMH4

No comments: