Thursday, October 3

He speaks ...




I began this page of my journal as stated in the picture.  O LORD thank you for the stillness of today. It is a still day.  My grandsons who were staying with us, are in school.  I need to clean up remnants of our last few days, and remake some beds, but it feels like an okay day to procrastinate in those areas and to just be still!

And as I sat, I penned these words - maybe they could speak to you too!

He speaks
through the stillness
His presence tangible
without me seeing his face
I know He's here

Strong arms
wrapped about my shoulders
the same shoulders that sometimes feel the weight of the world on them
and He, with his strong arms - lifts the weight off
and carries it for me
His voice whispers - "Come onto me - all you who are weak and heavy laden
and I will give you rest"      *Matthew 11:28 TLB
His strong arms about me
are a great big hug from the Almighty.

He speaks in the silence
through the beauty of the Blue Jays
and the joy of the Chickadees
Their color.
Their actions.
Their sounds.
remind me that I am created by the same Creator who made them ~ 
my feathery reminders of our God!
And He speaks ~ "Look at all the birds - do you think they worry about their existence?  
They don't plant or reap or store up food, yet your Heavenly Father provides
them each with food.  Aren't you much more valuable to your Father than they?"*Matt 6:26 TPT
And I know those words help me to stop my worrying
because I know that God's Got This!

He speaks
through the warmth of my surroundings, the comfy chair and the fireplace.
through the fragrance of the diffuser, the sound of the trickling water fountain near by,
the rustle of my Bible pages turning.
He even speaks in the mess of my kitchen.
The silence of this space ~
the sites, sounds, smells
speak loudly even though his voice can not be audibly heard.
HE SPEAKS

He surrounds me with a tangible thick sense of His presence
He overwhelms my senses and reminds me "I will never leave you or fail you" *Hebrews 13:5 NIV
He is always with me, even when I think I am alone.
And I don't want to get up from this place 
This place here and now
where I am being held by the Almighty in a very tangible sense.
Papa and Daughter
Holding 
Speaking
Affirming
LOVE ... pure love experienced in the stillness.
He has spoken and this girl has heard.

Maybe you needed to hear this today - maybe you need to stop what you are working at and just be.
Stop.  Sit.  Rest.  Listen to what He has to say to you.  Because my friend - HE SPEAKS.  We just have to tune our ears to his voice!!
Blessings on your day,
With love,
j


No comments: