Monday, October 1

Happy Feet


Last night I watched the movie Happy Feet for the first time. Well, actually the day before I watched the first 35 minutes while on my treadmill. I loved it. Something about that little Mumble that I could just relate too. Do you ever find yourself laughing when no one is around. I think the thing that touched me first off was when the singing teacher told them that they all had a heartsong and that she couldn't teach them their heartsong, but that they all had to find it. Hmmm.... our heartsong. What is my heartsong? What is yours?


These days so much has been said about finding your purpose, or your sweet spot in life, as Max Lucado puts it. The three bouts I had in hospital (June 05, Mar 06 and May 06) were blessings in disguise. I look at those times and realize the gift that they really were, although I didn't notice that at the time. I remember in the March time, that I spent alot of time in Scripture, and also journalling. I learned alot during that time. But could I say in one sentence what my purpose is? Hm....


I believe God created me so that all I do would reflect His image, and would bring Him honor and glory. I have decided lately that I want to live FULLY and to live it to the max! I have realized that I have been given many spiritual gifts, and I want to use them.


Lately, and maybe it is because I am closer to 50 than I was a year ago, however, it just seems that He is implying on me, that life is short. We are merely "passing through" aren't we. I have found that I care "less" about housework, and more about spending time with those I love.

Coffee tastes better when shared with someone! Not sure why I am more of a "thinker" these days, but so much causes me to refect. I have decided that I would like to "capture a moment" in my journal each day - a place where I saw God in my life! Which reminds me, it has been a long time since I have seen a "fuzzy yellow and brown" caterpillar lately. (during a period in my life, God used those fuzzy little things as affirmation of His love and His presence in my life. Long story, but He did!! ) God just loves doing little surprises like that! I love that about HIM.


So back to our heart song. What is it that makes me sing, that makes you sing. Does our heart sing many times throughout the day. What is it that makes us want to dance? (secret to those who may read this, and think that I can't dance... well, I have a few moves of my own when no one is watching!) My feet really want to dance, my spirit moves within me, as a response to life.


The other day I heard the song, couldn't tell you who wrote or sang it, but one line says, "Dancing with my Father God in the fields of grace..." That's me.

So, today, I hope you do a few things....

1) identify your heart song

2) laugh lots

3) dance like no one's watching!


Remember that God is sooooooo good, and He loves you!

2 comments:

ashleymarie said...

looks good mom!
love you.

Unknown said...

mom, I knew you'd love blogging!

Love Josh