Wednesday, November 30

Savouring

my room for the duration of the retreat

it was called Extravagance

nature at its beautifule best!

journaling, drawing, writing, painting

the Mark Centre Chalet

this sign greets all who turn into the driveway
I have a friend.  Its very interesting, because unlike some of my good friends who I have known for years, this friend I only met three years ago, but we became soul sisters immediately.  I realize that was a God thing.  Nadine is very caring, loving, gentle, and breathes life into people, of which I am one.  She did something for me that completely took me off guard.  One of my love languages is "gift giving" and I love gifting people.  However, getting gifts has always been hard.  For instance - at birthdays I never liked the attention of opening up a gift.  Guess I need to get over that hey!!
Anyhow, Nadine gave me a gift like I have never been given before EVER.  She gave me the gift of a weekend away at the Mark Centre in Abbotsford, BC.   I was pretty overwhelmed with this.  And she knew that and gently chided me for that.  I just hope Nadine knows, and I want to say one more time, how much she has blessed me.  Nadine, from the time we met - you blessed me.  And this gift, there are no words to express my thanks.  THANK you from the bottom of my heart.

So last Thursday I flew to Abbotsford, and got into the city at 9:30 am.  I was able to meet with the director of the Mark Centre, Steve (whom Alvin and I first met 8 years ago when we stayed there).  Steve and tMC have been invaluable to us in our journey of building/and beginning WRATW.  Our journeys had some similarities and of course differences.  However, his willingness to take us under his wing and to encourage/pray/mentor us has been amazing.  So, my first cup of coffee for that day was shared at Starbucks with Steve Klassen, catching up on where our ministry's and lives are at.
Then he dropped me off and my retreat unofficially began as I settled into Extravagance and waited till "Come Away" began at 7 pm that night.

While I am still (I am intentionally using the word) SAVOURING the weekend, I am not going to go into any detail except to say that God met me there - in my room, on my walks, in the rooftop, in the great room.  God being God did what He does.  He loves, meets us, speaks into our lives, and shows us great things.  I am thankful.

Savour means:  to enjoy food or an experience slowly, in order to enjoy it as much as possible:

And that is something I am going to do for a while.  So ask me again later - Hey how was your time away at "COME AWAY" at the Mark Centre and perhaps then I can put the time away into words!!



No comments: