Saturday, August 6

Just one of those altar stone-placing days ...


This is a picture of part of the altar I built at Anola
 I know that I need to build one here as a testimony to what God has done and is doing
Somehow it just seemed easier to find the rocks in our acreage in Anola than here  
But it will happen


Today is one of those altar stone-placing days.  I hold it precious to my heart.  I woke up with a sense that something was stirring… 

Well to be honest, maybe it didn’t feel like stirring as much as I wrote in my journal - I just feel “meh” …


I began to listen/watch to a youtube on a gospel story where the woman said she knew that if she could just touch Jesus she would be healed. And my tears began to run down my cheeks.


And in that place that has become my place to meet God - He and I talked.  Well, He talked mostly.  And I wept. 

  

And in those minutes - likely a good part of an hour,  I experienced his love - He gave me the picture of me as a child being held tightly in his embrace - head upon his chest - HELD.

He spoke to me about healing - and areas of my life that He was going to continue to do His work in.  (Seriously I did not need to spell out anything - He knows my heart - my needs - areas that I long for healing in)

Areas of healing that are not just physical.  But He also affirmed again to me that while He doesn’t need me to tell him - his desire in me telling him, is that it brings me into the quiet and secret place with Him.  

Tears continued to roll.  He continued to speak. And then I knew that there was a very first step I needed to take.  I felt something coming.  I love that about my time with God - I hear Him but I also have a strong sense of things.  

And He called me stop and He told me to kneel before him.  I have to admit I was pondering in that minute if He actually meant for me to literally kneel or to take that instead as a heart position.  

And I have to smile thinking of this - God knew my thought at that moment and said “You can do that now Joy”  (I knew He meant yep, get down on those knees)

Which I did.

You have to know that this 64 year old does not kneel often - let’s face it, it is a hard position on old knees.  (I felt it was quite alright to get a pillow to kneel on for this occasion). 


And in those moments - I did what He had asked me to do - I spoke out loud and gave him my most precious possessions. 

One at a time.  You see He had said loud and clear - asked me - do you trust me Joy?  Do you trust me with your most precious possessions?   And I knew that even amidst any pain in the past, through any trouble, through all the joy, in my life, in my marriage, in our family - I knew that HE could be trusted with it all.  Even if there were some times in the past I asked Him if He was even there!


So there - in front of the big chair where HE and I often meet - 

I knelt - wept - talked - listened - and laid down my precious possession and then got up knowing that we had met again, and that the work that He needs to do in this 64 year old woman/wife/mom/granny/sister/friend/aunt will be His to do, and that it had begun anew today.  In that time.  His transformation in me - with me.  I knew that the work He has begun will not be complete till I see Him but in the meantime the sound of his voice calling me “Beloved Daughter” resonates and I can go from here knowing His love and His promise that He is at work in me!!


Oh friends - He so greatly desires you to walk in relationship with Him 

Falling more in love with Him first.

Seek Him - Sit with Him - Desire Him


May you experience that today - 

And if He calls you to kneel before him …

Know that it is okay to use a cushion.


With love,

J




PS:  

Back in January I spoke at our old church - and tomorrow I speak at our home church.

I am using the same sermon with some changes - but the story is the same powerful story.

I believe God continues to use that story for ME and love how HIS Word never changes.


Upon finishing my time with the LORD, this song came to mind - so I listened to it.

It is one that blesses me so much - and I hope it blesses you as well!!  



No comments: