Sunday, August 10

As for me and my house... we will serve the Lord


I have realized that tragedy makes you take a good long look at life. It makes you ask tons of questions - and there are times when faith looks more academic .... more "head" knowlege verses "feeling it in your being." I am so glad that God, He knows all this about me, and I trust that He is okay with my ranting.

I have realized that it is during this time, that the faith and prayers of others, truly carry you. It is tangible! I have felt this before. It is this, the fact that I know God is faithful - I have seen that in my life, in my parents life, and in the life of my grandparents! I know that there has been a legacy of faith that has been passed down. Although each of us has to make our relationship with Jesus, our own. We don't get into heaven on the shirttale of a parent!!

I have realized, and have been also reminded by my daughter - in -law, that in this life, in regards to tragedy, we have two choices.... to go through it WITH GOD or to go through it WITHOUT GOD. And, I have chosen WITH GOD.
In fact, we have all chosen to do it WITH GOD.

I have realized that our grief is in many layers. We grieve as we have lost our long awaited grandbaby! We grieve as we see our kids in so much pain, even deeper than ours. No one should ever have to bury their children! We grieve as we see the pain in our daughter and future son in law who have lost their little anticipated Kanoke!! (That is what we were nicknaming our little Jay). Sometimes in the midst of our own pain, I forget that they were anticipating being an auntie and uncle to this little one! Their pain is deep too.

We grieve, although we have hope that we will see and hug our little Jay again...
We have comfort knowing that one day we will be reunited.

We could do it without God, but why would we even consider that? It would make more sense. As for me and my house.... we will serve the Lord. We will praise him... We will do it WITH GOD. We may still rant, we may still have more questions... but He is going to be our strength.
O God.... give us joy again.

No comments: