Sunday, August 17

I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me....

I believe in the power of prayer. It is a language of my heart... and I believe that it is also part of the gifts that I have been given through the power of the Holy Spirit. Today my husband and I were talking about how we are praying.... and whether it is hard to pray in case we are hurt again. I have to be honest. I struggle with how God answered our prayers on behalf of our little grandson Jay. But, I know that God knows all that.

So today, I decided while sitting in church, that some scripture really jumped out at me, and I think this was a God-thing.... so that I knew how to pray! And, I have decided that I need to thank God for his answer, even though it maybe a long time away.

And then, I read the most amazing story out of a new devotional my good friend Tracy gave us. It began with the verse from Acts 27:25 that says, "I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me." The story that accompanied it was amazing.... about how George Mueller (passenger on board a ship) came to speak with the captain of the ship, telling him that he needed to get to a certain destination by a certain date, and he thought that they should go to the chartroom to pray! IT says in the devotional that the captain had never met someone like this... and he answered to George Mueller... that the fog was so dense, did he realize that, to which George replied, "no, his eyes is not on the fog but on the living God who controls every circumstand of his life." And then, he knelt down and prayed. Then, told the captain that he wouldn't have to pray, since he (the captain) didn't believe God would answer anyhow.
And that anyhow, the fog had cleared. Sure enough, it was gone!

I believe God answers my prayers.... and so today Lord, you know the cry of my heart... the cry for my children. Lord, hear our prayers! Show favor to us Lord we pray. And we thank you for what you are going to do. amen.

No comments: