Wednesday, August 6

yet I WILL PRAISE YOU LORD


When our Grandson Jay Benjamin Klassen was born and passed away on July 24th, 2008 at 12:02, our son's best friend came and took beautiful pictures of our grandson and his mommy and daddy. It is all we have, and they are a gift beyond words.

He put the songs into a dvd format, and put the song I WILL PRAISE YOU LORD to the photos.

Amazing song. How is it, that a song can capture all of the thoughts of my heart. Of OUR hearts.

I would like to find out the story behind it... but have written out the words, and they run through my mind and across my heart more times in a day than I can recall.


I WILL PRAISE YOU


I will praise You Lord my God

Even in my brokenness I will praise You Lord

I will praise You Lord my God

Even in my desperation I will praise You Lord

And I can't understand All that You allow

I just can't see the reason

But my life is in Your hands

And though I cannot see You

I choose to trust You

Even when my heart is torn I will praise (trust) You Lord

Even when I feel deserted I will praise (trust) You Lord

Even in my darkest valley I will praise (trust) You Lord

And when my world is shattered and it seems all hope is gone

Yet I will praise You Lord


I will trust You Lord my God

Even in my loneliness I will trust You Lord

I will trust You Lord my God

Even when I cannot hear You I will trust You Lord

And I will not forget That You hung on a cross Lord You bled and died for me

And if I have to suffer I know that You've been there

And I know that You're here now


~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have learned that right now, praising is hard. But when I do, I feel lifted

I have learned that right now trusting is hard.... because I feel like I had trusted/entrusted my grandson's life to God...

BUT, when I look back on God, his faithfulness....I know he is trustworthy, even if I don't feel it right now. God is okay with me asking/thinking/saying that. He still love me regardless of my doubts.


Today, God took me to Psalm 23.... especially the verse about the valley of the shadow of death. Oh, this is where I feel like we are still walking.

I love the verse about God restoring our souls.

This today, is my prayer...

No comments: