Monday, September 29

The first quiz!!


So, today I did something that I have not done in almost 20 years, since I finished studying for my Early Childhood Educator level III in 89...... I wrote my first quiz in my university course! Today was week four!! I can hardly believe that
a) I am actually a university student (today I got my student card! :))
b) that in the midst of a full summer/fall, I am actually daring to go to school and haven't missed a class yet! Today is class number 7! and
c) that I actually AM retaining information that I am learning in class and
d) I am actually loving being at CMU!!

Here I am, squeezed behind a little desk... or at least I feel like I am squeezed in there. (yep, I am bigger than I was when I graduated from High School 32 years ago!!)
After the second week of class, I realized that I had been signed up for the wrong class! So, I changed that last week. Then, I look around and I am at least the same age as the prof! The young kids in class, well put it this way, I have alot more life experience than they do! I go with my daughter and sometimes I am jealous that she is auditing it, and I have to do the homework. But today, I realize that going to university, even if it is only one course to begin with, it is very exciting for me. I can hardly believe I am actually doing it!

So, last week, I wondered if I would be able to study for the quiz. Our professor told us what to study, which was good. I take good notes, but sometimes I think I may take too many notes. So, he was so helpful and took some of the mystery out of what to expect. Last night, when Alvin went into the city, I studied or should I say I TRIED to study. I put wood in the fireplace, some coffee in my cup, and tried to study. It was hard... wedding hustle and bustle had caught up to me, and I kept falling asleep. I was able to study more this morning, and by the time it was time to write, I was feeling very confident in this 50+year old brain! I know it was just through the strength of our God.

After a re-check, I handed in my paper. I feel quite good about it, but time will tell. Can't believe at 50 I am in school... in university at that! God, I put this study in your hands. Like the Israelites I also want to experience you afresh. Help me to stay connected to the vine!

So I am learning after all. This old brain is capable of learning new things! I am campable of graduating with a degree in church ministry 8 years from now and I can already imagine my grandchildren cheering me on! Have faith ~ Expect Miracles. Jesus, thank you for the desire. Give me strength. amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you! You are doing what a lot of people are afraid to do. I am impressed :)
I am afraid I wouldn't know how to study anymore. But then I was not that good at it in my school days either, lol.
Take care of yourself and thanks for stopping by my blog :)