Monday, September 8

Experiencing and incredible sense of peace --- it has to be GOD!


Today was a gift.... an incredible gift. I know that God had alot to do with this day, and the profound sense of peace that has come over me. It actually took me off guard. After three solid weeks of working early morning to very late in the night, I was finding myself really tired. In fact, so tired that I could barely function. And really, that did not (never does) look very pretty. While I think of myself as easy going, and good natured..... I find that I have been easily overwhelmed, and can become cynical and resentful. And while I am in that spot, try as I might, it is hard to get out of that pit.

This week was so hard.... so emotionally hard, and physically hard.... and I worked long into the night preparing for today. I finally called it a night at half past midnite and set my alarm for 5 thirthy this morning. (only to turn it to snooze a few times!)

This week I felt a deja vu moment when I remembered the day I almost drowned.... and I was feeling like this again... that was, until this morning.
Having got to church, and spending time in the prayer chapel, it was only when I sat down next to my husband in the pew, that I realized how peaceful I felt. It was so tangible. I love it when God works in our lives like this. During one of the songs, I leaned over and told my husband that someone must have been praying for me, because I had a strange sense of peace. I knew without a doubt that it was all about God!! You see, it has been a long time since I felt peace.
Lord God, thank you for your gift of peace in my life!

No comments: