Thursday, September 11

Life


Today I have found that I have been thinking alot about life.... okay, I have actually been thinking alot about life for the past 7 weeks. Today was 7 weeks since I became a Granny.

I have realized that there are many things I have learned through this walk in the dark valley.

Here are some of them:

1) Life is hard. You have two choices. You can do it with God. You can do it without God. Your choice
2) There are times when walking with God is hard! I can't imagine walking through the hard stuff without God. (really, why would I choose not to?)
3) When you love deeply, you hurt deeply.
4) It is possible for great joy and deep sorrow to exist together. Go figure
5) The best thing to do for a grieving person, is to just hug them and/or weep with them.
6) The worst thing to do is to act like nothing happened.
7) Sometimes hugging means you have to go out of YOUR comfort zone into THEIR comfort zone. But if you do it, you and they will be blessed. I know, this is my experience in both circumstances.
8) Live life fully.
9) Try not to take life for granted. It is "but a breath!"
10) Being angry and asking why God? is okay with God. He is way bigger than all of my/our ranting.
11) A hot meal brought to someone in crisis is always appreciated
12) If you wonder what you should say, perhaps you should just keep your mouth shut and go back to #5
13) There is nothing like family to walk through the valley with you
14) Tears are okay
15) Tears come when you least expect it.
16) Dark valleys are never what you want to walk through, but God holds your hand and guides your path each step of the way.
17) Store His Word in your heart during the sunny days of your life.... guaranteed you will need it during the rainy/stormy seasons.
18) Discern who to tell your heart to
19) Journal - it is lifegiving
20) A christian counsellor is a gift!
21)..... you will never stop learning!

Lord, thank you for my grandson Jay... for his precious life, although short. Thank you for teaching me so much about life, through Jay's. Lord, I continue to cling to you, to have faith and expect miracles!! Lord, your will be done. Amen




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Joy. I resonate with them so much and find it helpful to hear that someone else is walking the same journey, discovering the same clues... even though for a much different reason.
In the valley with you