Saturday, April 30

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord

There have been some thoughts in my head and heart lately.  And, I have heard the verse, which is my favorite "life" verse - "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not to harm you - plans to give you a hope and a future.  You will call on me and come and pray to me and I will listen.  You will seek me and I will be found by you when you seek me with all your heart."  (okay, I may have mixed up or forgotten some part. bit I think I have the main parts!)

In other words - GOD KNOWS the will for my life ~ and HE IS SOVEREIGN and NOTHING that happens is out of his will, or done for my harm.  That is a big one, especially since there are times when I am wondering aloud "God, you really know what you are doing because I just don't get it!!"

Last nite Alvin and I along with two other couples, went to see the Hollywood movie SOUL SURFER which is the story of Beth Hamilton, who got her arm bit off by a shark while practicing in the ocean.  You really should go and see it for yourself.  Within the movie, the verse that I quote above - is also quoted.  Bethany said at one point she wondered about what God was going to do with her life.
I am sure she is not the only one that has wondered that - or has asked God if He really knows what He is doing?

God himself knows that He heard a lot of my ranting and raving along those lines over the past 2.5 years or slightly more.  I am so glad HE IS BIGGER than all my stuff!  O Lord, thank-you!

This week I have had many mixed up thoughts again regarding God's plan and today as Alvin and I were driving home from the land - I voiced it.  I think I started off by saying to him, "okay, I am going to say something and it will sound like I am a horrible person, I know that, but here it is ........................."
And with that I proceeded to tell him some of the deep thoughts I have been mulling around in regards to some emotions/some thoughts/some things that have arisen over this past week that takes me back to losing my firstborn grandson Jay....

Alvin and I were able to talk about it - and as usual with my man, he helps me sometimes "unpack" my thoughts and they usually don't look quite as ugly when he helps me work through them.  God knows all about them, and really, I don't have to speak them out loud to anyone else - but often Alvin or others within my family, are really good sounding boards.  I realize that sometimes I just have to call it for what it is.  Doesn't always look pretty, but it always feels much better to speak it out loud!

So tonight I am thankful for many things ... but mostly for a Saviour who is bigger than my messy thoughts and also unconditionally loving!  He does have HIS plan for ME!!! A plan to prosper me and NOT to harm me.  A plan to give me a HOPE and a FUTURE!!  Thank you Lord God!

No comments: