Wednesday, March 7

tired TIRED tired ... did I say TIRED?

Yesterday I got up and walked on the treadmill.  It felt like forever to walk that mile.
Then I went over to the house and helped Alvin with just one of the doors.  It felt like I did all 30!
I came back, got the lunch ready for the boys (or should I say I put it out for them to warm up) and got ready for work.
As I drove into the city at 10:45 am, it felt like it was 10:45 pm.  And my work day had not yet started.

I drove and tried to evaluate just how I am feeling these days.
Tired.
Dog tired.
again (sigh)

And well, I don't know if you have experienced this or not - but some of my thoughts went like this ... OR am I just crazy, and is this just "in my head"
what is wrong with me?
hmmm...
The last time I felt like this was after our cruise to Alaska with our friends
And it did feel like that ... only perhaps a little worse.
Then, at that time, my blood was low.  It was 112.  (Can't donate unless it is 125 for women) (I think that is the number!)

I knew there was a way to find out, especially since it was time to donate blood again, I would get the girls to do a test for iron.  SO, Lanie tested me, and looked at me and said, "Oh its low ... it is 111"  And then, as they normally do if the first test is low, she squeezed my finger and took one more drop of precious red blood!  This time she said, "It is 104!"

LOW BLOOD.
Darn!  Last time I donated it was 132!
Would not be able to donate if I wanted to.  I would be deferred!
And the reality is, I have begun to wonder if I should not donate every 8 weeks but put more time in between.  Guess I should ask my doctor.
SO ... now I have to get taking the iron stuff from the Health Food Store.
Yuck!

In a weird kind of way, the low blood diagnosis at least made me feel better.
So, the tiredness WAS NOT in my head.
It is my current reality - based on my iron level.

I need to take care of myself - because the reality is, I am needed!!
There are still doors to stain
Walls to wipe down
and other things that I can do in my limited capacity (my FM does not allow me to do much of the work - so I can pray for/support my husband where needed)

Yesterday I thought about Mom Klassen.  Both Alvin and I know that our parents would be so encouraging and supportive of this endeavour that God has called us to.  His mom and dad would have their shirtsleeves rolled up and be working like wild people! I don't know that I know of another couple who who worked so hard and tirelessly PHYSICALLY at whatever they could help with.  I also thought of my Mom and Dad who could not be as physically helpful, but were the prayer warriors behind us all the way!  They passed away before God laid this vision on my heart.  BUT I know they would have been so supportive!

So in the meantime, I will begin the yucky iron supplement, and increase my diet with green leafy veggies, red meat, and prunes!  Gotta get that iron count up!!  It doesn't feel good being tired all the time, and one does start to wonder, but I guess our lives HAVE been a little unsettled for the past, let's see - 20 Months.  But we are getting closer and closer to the end of one thing (the build) and the beginning of another (living the vision out), so I gotta get the strength up!!

I am claiming the scripture found in the Bible, and just LOVE it in the version THE MESSAGE


Matthew 11:28

The Message (MSG)
 28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

1 comment:

christine said...

i love that verse. I love how God provides rest for our weary hearts and minds.
its hard being fatigued. especially when there seems to be an unending list of "things to do"!! which i'm sure you have. I pray that you will somehow find time to rejuvenate...and regain your strength. have a hamburger or two while you're at it!!!