Thursday, July 2

th0ts


th0ts

the grandkids blow with small puffs into their wands that are dripping with soapy water
screaming with glee
as bubbles form
grow
and let loose
blowing across their yard
some breaking immediately with a quiet pop
some piggyback onto another one
and some fly away into the distance
never to be seen again

such are my th0ts

the th0ts  in my head
whirl and spin
sometimes bumping into each other
and once in a while pirouetting

i marvel at them
and other times i am left breathless
amazed
and often exhausted

there are many th0ts
some eloquent
or they would be if given voice
others
well, kind of messy
cluttered
piled
as if perhaps discarded ?
hmmmm

th0ts
good
bad
ugly
elegant
classy
profound
mixed with messy
reoccurring
simple 

th0ts
old ones from years gone by
some in fact, are defining moments
that have been stored away in my mind and heart

other th0ts are merely not true
but they sometimes take a life of their own
and i sometimes live as if they were
th0ts about me as a child
a teen
a young adult
a young wife
a mom
a working woman
oh there are so many th0ts there 

some feel like they should be buried
and i often wonder why they keep coming to the surface
others feel like they were yesterday
and they bring joy as i recall them
th0ts on marriage
truthful th0ts
some shared
some journal led
some remain unspoken
and others unwritten
except in the indelible ink of my memory and mind
the unwritten ones
especially about marriage and love
are full of intrigue and warm fuzzes
lest perhaps some may think my marriage has been perfect
or without drama
i would hate to burst your bubbles with my th0ts
lol

th0ts

all mine
old ones
new ones
happy ones
sad ones
exciting ones
mundane
fleeting
lasting
funny
serious
 th0ts

i sit
i watch
i think
i think a lot actually
my th0tcome
and go
and sometimes come around again
some stay

and those th0ts
are all mine
all
mine

 th0ts

1 comment:

Nadine Miller said...

~ Oh my! JOY!!! I LOVE this... I would say it's a poem, as I write poetry and it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Seriously, I LOVE these thoughts you've shared here. LOVED them. Loved the sequence, the imagery they offer the reader, and love the honest revealing view. This is simply breathtakingly wonderful. Anymore thoughts bubbling to the surface? Would love to read them. Great expression of your heart and soul here! Hugs and thanks for sharing this! .... Nadine xo ~