Sunday, January 25

Island Baptist, a walk along the ocean - a "worship" experience

We are at the end of the day, day two on South Padre Island. I experienced God several times today. We got in two long walks along the ocean. I love to stand by the ocean and watch it, and also to close my eyes and just take in the sounds of the huge waves. We also have come to love the sound of this bird that we see on the grounds - he makes such a lovely noise. While I was having my QT with God this morning, I kept hearing these birds... God is so obvious in His creation. I see over and over again how God must have a sense of humour in giving the sights and sounds to some of the birds, etc...

Then we went with my sister and brother in law to Island Baptist church, and experienced God there. They are going through a vision process and a call to pray for 40 days both individually, and also corporately, as to whether God wants them to do a church build or not. Today Pastor Bill spoke on Numbers 13, and it was about whether you are a VISIONARY or a STATIONARY... I experienced God through the message. I loved at the end, how there was a call to come for prayer, and people actually came forward! Why am I surprised? It seems in many of our churches, there can be calls, but a hesitancy to come forward. I think there are many reasons to keep you glued in your seat, and among them I believe is a pride. (if I go forward, what will people think is wrong?) I think we also get so used to handling it on our own that we don't need to give it to God unless it is sooooo bad.

Part of this church's call to 40 days of prayer is the pastor's encouragement to each one of them to "PRAY AND OBEY" -- now that directive says it all. It is all about Jesus!! Personally, this is something I want to relate to.

This morning I also experienced God through my QT when He led me to Psalm 43. If you go to that Psalm, you may also wonder what David was going through, after all, he accuses God of leaving him alone to wander in his grief. (hmmm I think I can relate).... but I love how David says that God is the SOURCE of all his joy!
I needed that reminder. Sometimes I feel joyless - but how can that be if God is the SOURCE of my joy? (something to leave you thinking on...)

Tonight we ended the day with a great meal at their trailer... steak and the most delicious shrimp! But more than that we talked about "heart" stuff. We talked about church related stuff (theirs and ours)... we talked about life stuff... we ended with a hug and returned back here to our hotel.

And off I will go, upstairs to our room. And as I go to bed, and lay there with my thoughts before I nod off.... chances are pretty great that I will think about my kids, pray for them, and then rehash the stuff that happened today, and the places I experienced God in my life. For those I am thankful.

Today was a worship experience, start to finish. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: