Monday, May 18

My Heart was Blessed!

Well, the long weekend has come and gone. We went with our kids to the cottage - when we came it was sooooooooooo cold!! But soon the pellet stove was pumping out the heat, and we were able to warm up! It was a great weekend with our kids and we thank God for that!

Yesterday however, in the evening ~ my heart was blessed! Alvin and I went along with our friends Kim and Kevin, to the Gaither Homecoming Concert!! Yes, go ahead, tease me, laugh, whatever! I won't budget because I know how blessed I was! My heart was touched!

I am not sure what my style is - really. I love modern worship music. I also love the old hymns. I also know that Alvin and I love watching Gaither DVD's - and they just really stir out souls! I have also found that when we walked through the past few months since our little Jay went to live with Jesus - the old hymns resonated with us. They touched our hearts like a healing salve.

Bill and Gloria Gaither - they are responsible for so many songs - one of which is Because He lives. I remember playing some of the songs when our kids were little.
I love that he has given so many music artists a place to sing and grow in their music. Last night was no exception. The new Gaither Vocal Band - wow, can they sing!

However, there was one song that really moved me - it was sung by Gordon Mote - and I have found the lyrics on a website. Hope it's okay to put them here. Gordon Mote is a blind piano player and unbelievably talented. But the song, as he played it and sang it to a Video that played on the screen with pictures - I had to grab my pen and write some of it down. I hope the words speak to you too!!

Don't Let Me Miss The Glory

VERSE 1
In the view from the mountains
There's a story to be told
In the crashing of the ocean
There's a power that no man will ever hold

All the stars in the Heavens
Decorate Your handiwork
And like a mighty choir
They've come to celebrate Your worth

CHORUS
Don't let me miss the glory
Don't let me miss the grace
All creation is singing
To the honor of Your name

Don't let me miss the wonder
Don't let me miss the grand design
And the lightning and the thunder
Lord open up my eyes
Don't let me miss the glory

VERSE 2
In the cry of a baby
In the laughter of love
In the dance of the faithful
you will find the greatness of our God above

In the prayer of the righteous
In the beauty of Your grace
In a brand new morning's mercy
All your memories of my sin have been erased

REPEAT CHORUS TWICE

Don't let me miss the glory

O Lord, I want to see you and your glory! I want to dance the dance of the faithful! I want to bask in the beauty of your grace! O Lord, Don't let ME miss the glory!

2 comments:

Deanne said...

I won't make fun of you if you won't make fun of me...I was there too! I like all sorts of music but I grew up listening to the old quartets...I went with my mother-in- law because she LOVES the Gaither videos. I was blessed as well.

Joy Thomas Klassen said...

Now, that was a concert hey! almost 4 hours. I closed my eyes a few times and wondered if that would be what it sounded like in heaven. And, I WON'T make fun of you!! :)