Tuesday, June 30
an uplifting email...
The other day - I got a forward from my sister-in-law Jody. It is very beautiful - has many beautiful pictures that go along with it! I will share the words from this forward with you - along with my own picture of some gerbs that I got from my good friend Jeannette (and Elmer) for my birthday.
It started with this: Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice!"
Now, here are some words of wisdom for life --
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more.
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget.
13. Have backups: an extra key in your wallet, an extra twenty hidden in the cupboard, extra stamps etc.
14. K.M.S. (keep mouth shut!) This single piece of advice can prevent an enormouse amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the "kid" in You - everyday.
16. Carry a spiritually enlightening book with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray!
24. Make friends with those who you can speak life into, but also can speak life into you!
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember the shortest bridge between despair and hop is often a good "thank you Jesus"
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all!
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can!)
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most!)
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less, listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe!
36. Every night before bed - think of one thing you're grateful for OR a place where you have "seen God's fingerprints on your day"
This is an email for me - especially as I continue to navigate through life - one day at a time - I don't want to get bitter or cynical EVER - I want to live life fully!!
The other day I got a gift from Ashley and Michael. The card said that when they saw this gift, they knew it was for me. It doesn't say GO BIG OR GO HOME - but it does say something else that is profound - Half of DOING is BELIEVING you can!!
I want to live fully - whatever it takes Lord - help me! O Lord, hear my prayer. Amen
at 4:53 PM