Thursday, June 11

Things that made me smile today!






Okay - today I smiled. Even though it was a really HARD day in MANY WAYS - I still smiled lots!
Like for instance - when my husband asked me if I was going to be cranky today (he asked with a big smile knowing that I was cranky because I am back "on plan" meaning that I am doing the Weight Watchers point thing combined with no white flour, white sugar way of eating! If I am cranky - it usually means I have had a good first and second day! It's tough getting back on the wagon to a healthier life style!

I smiled when while working on my sermon, I head the distinct cawing of a Blue Jay!

I smiled when I realized my sermon for this Sunday WOULD be within the 15 minute time allotment! phew! So much to say - so little time :)

I smiled when I saw some old photos - where Alvin had more hair, and I had big PERMED to the MAX i.e. burnt Hair! Maybe I will post one after all.

I smiled when I saw Ash wearing the DONALD DUCK HAT that she had to buy!!

I smiled when two of my little men friends Jack and Kieran, and their mom Tracy, came for a short visit - a hug or two and a trip to the candy shelf!

I smiled when I got an email from Ash with the cartoon, which I have posted at the top. You gotta know that we laugh as a family when I tell them about how my cousin used to always sing "put the paaaaaaa poose in the kickanoggan" (sorry Doris, I just had to - and by the way, that is what you sang right!!)
So today Ash sent me the cartoon, and we laughed. It was good - because these days have been much harder than I had thought they would be - much harder - in many ways.
But it's okay - God knows.

Laugh with someone today - it makes everything else pale - at least temporarily.
Love to you!!

PS - by the way, what WAS I thinking with the hair and the orange outfit...
And if you want another laugh - check out the fanny pack. Yep, I was in style. What was I thinking!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Keep on smiling. I'm sorry to hear that dieting (healthy eating) makes you cranky. I thought it was supposed to make one feel better. Ha ha.

ashleymarie said...

i would just like to point out that you me and josh are all wearing fanny packs in that one picture, nice.

also, put the paaaaa poose... will be in my head all day!!

love you