Tuesday, May 18

4:55 A.M.

This picture was not taken today, but was a favorite of mine from a few summer's ago.
You will notice a triangular thing in the sky.
This particular morning, I was headed into the city for church - it was quite early on a Sunday morning.
I noticed a triangular thing in the sky, which I think was a cloud.
It just reminded me of the shape/sign for the Holy Spirit (a dove).
I realized the picture did not capture it - but none the less - it was a "kiss" from God on that morning!
I awoke to the sound of many birds beautifully singing, welcoming the day.
I laid there for a while listening, trying to count the different songs that I heard.
With the window open, and the cool breeze of the early morning coming in ~ it was a beautiful sound.
I turned over in bed to see what the time was.
4:55 A.M.
I got out of bed briefly. A quick look out the window showed signs of day breaking.
A new day.
A new chance at life ~ at living fully ~ at spending time with the Lord through out this day.
The birds were singing even before they knew what the day would hold.
Hmm.... 4:55 am and already God was giving me a teachable moment!
Sometimes I only sing when I have experienced something great...
I don't always choose to sing in the unknown parts of my life.
But here they were ~ the birds that the Lord had created each with a different look, and a different song, and
at 4:55 am ~ they were already singing their songs of praise!

Almost immediately, this song by Chris Tomlin came rushing into my mind, and my heart and has stayed with me since.
I hope it will remain in my heart all day.
May it be your song too!

Sing, Sing, Sing
by Chris Tomlin


We will sing, sing, sing
And make music with the heavens
We will sing, sing, sing
Grateful that You hear us
When we shout your praise
Lift high the name of Jesus

What's not to love about You?
Heaven and earth adore You
Kings and kingdoms bow down
Son of God, You are the One
You are the One we're living for

You are the love that frees us
You are the light that leads us
Like a fire burning
Son of God, You are the one
You are the one we're living for

No comments: