Friday, January 3

overwhelmed by YOU



this is not one of my photos, but was taken off google images



they are constant
slowly
persistently
falling to the ground
that is already outfitted in its new white garment 
spotless
unsoiled
unmarked

the  snow has fallen steadily since during the night
i can't help but wonder how many flakes fall
and if there are any two that may look remotely like another
snowflake upon snowflake
inch upon inch
slow dance once again

it is almost as if God knew that today I would need an object lesson
about his love
his most amazing love
and his fresh  blanket of grace that covers me
spotless
unsoiled
unmarked
covering ever inch and corner of my being

He knew
because HE is God and well,
God knows everything
He reminds me of my favorite Psalm
139
God, you know it all about me
where I sit
where I stand
when I rise
when I lay 
you hem me in

oh, sweet Lord - giver of such fresh grace each morning
I take it for granted 
forgive me for that
each morning you know when I rise
you give me a new start
a fresh unmarked unspoiled day
more grace
more and more
and more
kind of like these snowflakes that dance down from heaven
and land one on top of another and on top of another and on top of many more

you are using them as your object lesson to me
and as you know where I am now
sitting and thinking and writing while watching the Snowflake Dance 
you know that I am getting it 
this teachable moment
I am getting that you love me so incredibly much
so
incredibly
much
and all it took was a snow day, and trillions of falling snowflakes
to remind me of your love
your goodness
your grace
your presence
in my life

they are constant
slowly
persistently
falling to the ground
that is already outfitted in its new white garment 
spotless
unsoiled
unmarked
and me?
I am just overwhelmed by YOU O Lord
overwhelmed
by
YOU




i love you  Lord
-joy

No comments: