Sunday, November 2

My Dad.


It's been eleven years, although sometimes it feels like yesterday
A day that seemed like all the others, but a day that ended in deep sorrow and disbelief.
Eleven years ago, God took Dad home...
And I was left an orphan.
As I look back, I realize what a gift my father was to me. An amazing man who held a huge place in my heart
My dad. And he loved me so much. I had no doubt about that.
That day, we said good bye to dad, although he was already gone.
Absent from the body, but present with the Lord.
I learned a lot from my dad. More than I ever knew until I got older, and had to do things on my own.
How many times have I wished that he was still here, so that I could run something buy him.
How many times have I wished that I could stop by and get a hug.
Eleven years is a long time, and yet, but a blink in Dad's lifetime with the Lord.
And now, I realize that Dad would have welcomed little Jay, and I love to think of how they are running together.
Lord, thank you for my father, a man of God.
Thank you for the prayers he spoke on my behalf, and fot eh way he raised me, and modeled a life after Jesus.
For my father, I say thank you Lord.
On this anniversary of his death, I ask you to continue to give many warm memories of my father, my friend.
Lord, thank you for my dad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes.
Our time with our loved ones is never long enough. It brings to mind a Garth Brooks song, "If tomorrow never comes". It is a nice song, but also a good reminder that we need to let people know how much we care and not take them for granted. We just never know when God will call them home.
I am sure you were a huge blessing in your Father's life a well :)

Jean said...

Your Father is remembered so well by many of us. A brother beloved in the assembly and the camp work.