Tuesday, April 14

wearing my boots - walking in puddles - and getting a kiss from God!

Well, it is Tuesday afternoon, and I realize that it has been a rather slow and lazy day. (even if I keep saying that I have to get to work on the house stuff!!) I got up early - to the smell of coffee. I exercised!! Yes - this is day 6! Getting up early to exercise is getting much easier, and I love getting it "out of the way" so that I can go about the rest of my day.

I made the lunch for my guys - Alvin, Josh and Michael - "BLUE JAY FAMILY WORKS". I said that as long as I am home, I will make their lunches. It is a way to pour some love into their day (through their tummies!).

I have spent much of my day reading. I will post more about that at another time. But, I have finished two books: Wrestling with God: Loving the God We Don't Understand and When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances. These books have been life-giving!!

But, right around noon, I decided to go for a walk. First of all, I went outside on the deck. You could just hear the sound and see the flies! They are very happy for the sunny weather. We have been killing them in the house for weeks. Funny how they come out of nowhere when it warms up! A sure sign of spring.

I went in, pulled on my boots and went outside. Oreo was so glad to see me. I love walking with him. He is such an adventurer. I decided to walk the path in the back - since we no longer take Orrie on Springfield. His lack of eyesight and deafness puts him in jeopardy with the cars that bomb down the road. So, there we went - to the back. I felt like a kid again! While the path that I took in winter still has some snow on it, it is mostly puddles! And, I walked right through them. And, also had to walk through a bit of cow poop! (almost slipped there - and remembered times when my kids used to lose a boot in the mud and mire!!) I don't know how many booters my kids got during spring. And here I was - almost 51 and loving every moment. There is something about the feel of cool water coming through your boots, and the suction sound of my boot on my barefoot as I walked.

On our return, that is where I got the kiss from God. You see when I was in the back, I thought I saw a Blue Jay, but didn't.... BUT just coming into the yard, I heard the loud cawing that the Jay makes.... and then saw him flying to the tree. Blue and Black - beautiful! The beauty of the Blue Jay covers for his reputation as being a scoundrel of a bird! God, I felt your kiss!!

I have been asking God lately about a few things - for affirmation. And whenever He gives me a "kiss" I always feel tremendously loved, valued and treasured. That's my Lord for you!

No comments: