Sunday, March 7

need God's healing toUch...

God has made our bodies to be complex machines - there is no other way to describe them.
Fearfully and wonderfully made!

Lately however - I know that I haven't felt my healthiest - and unfortunately I notice that some of my "stuff" with my health - has been passed onto my kids. I hope it stops there and doesn't pass down to grandchildren!

This past week - a couple things have happened with my kids...
First of all, Ashley (as a follow up to when Michael had to call 911 a couple weeks ago) she had an ultrasound. I would never say "I told you so" HOWEVER - her pain was so similar to the pain I had in 1982 when I had two attacks. Ashley's attach sounded too familiar to mine (and my sisters and mom's) and off she went for an ultrasound. And yes, her gall bladder is not a happy gallbladder!!! In fact - it is full of gall stones which means Ashley will need gallbladder surgery.
My mom, my sister Mary-Ann, myself, my sister Heather and now my daughter will need to get it removed. At least it won't be the big surgical scar like mine. Belly buttons come in handy!

Today - we went and visited with Josh, Leah and our little Everett. As Ashley said to her brother "it looks like you got in a fight, and the other person won!" He looks pretty bad. A couple months ago - Josh began breaking out in hives. Hmm. perhaps soap, or food, or what about your cat? Last night it got the worst ever and Josh had to come home from work during the night, such was his swollen face, eyes, and hives. Huge hives. Once again I wonder if this is a variation of the allergies that I have (some are the same as my dad) and have now perhaps passed on to my kids. One of my allergies - the LATEX one - I had no clue but the last time I had a reaction - I was covered with hives too, and now am supposed to avoid it like the plague, and carry an epipen! There are other allergies - penicillin, pollens, grasses, dust mites, peas, soy, feta and on and on.... many of these are from my dad.

I can do nothing for my kids and what they are facing EXCEPT to pray!!

As I was thinking about this tonight, my thoughts went to one of my favorite scriptures. The scripture I CLUNG to in June of 05 and then again in March of 06 (which was when I almost died if it had not been for my sister!). I memorized the scripture and it meant more to me than you know! I want to share it with you tonight AND ask you if you would join me to pray for the healing of my kids bodies. I believe healing does come in several ways - and if God chooses to do it through surgery, or through doctors, or through HIS healing and divine intervention - well - God knows best. I will continue to intercede on the behalf of my adult kids. Thanks for your prayers on their behalf!


Psalm 103 NIV
Of David.


1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

No comments: