Saturday, March 13

puDDle juMPing

puddlejumping


Today I put on my white rubber boots with red ladybugs on them, and took a walk out to the back. I had no idea that I could - I thought the snow would still be deep in the back. I had not walked out there since the first major snowfall, except for one attempt. But as Alvin was leaving for work, he encouraged me to enjoy a walk outside since it was still so beautiful out. Above normal temps for March.

So, I put on my boots and went outside. Last year when I bought them, I didn't really get a good chance at walking in puddles, but today - ah, that was a different story!

Off I went, looking for Oreo who I noticed had found something, and was madly burying it. Must have found something he buried last year! Once he noticed me, he was glad to be coming along. Finally - a long walk.

I was not sure how far I would get, but as I rounded the corner by the place I had erected the altar, I was thrilled to see that there was relatively little snow between there and the back fence! So I walked... watching and choosing the shallower puddles to walk through. Often Oreo would stop and try to figure out the easiest way to get through without getting too wet.

I walked to the back, and turned at the farthest tree in the pasture and headed back towards home again. As I walked I talked to the Lord. My heart was overflowing. I realized how content I felt. How thankful. Once again, I committed the land to the Lord, asking Him to bless whoever buys it - whether it be an individual, a couple or a family. My constant prayer is that they would have a strong sense of the presence of God over our place.

I walked, I talked, I observed. I listened. I sang.

I was taken back to the days when walking through puddles was so much fun! Although ~ getting "booters" never felt good!! I wished I had my camera, but realized it was in the glove compartment of the car, which Alvin had taken to work. I also dreamed of when we would watch our little Everett walking in puddles, and likely falling in a few ... somehow I can see Josh and Leah patiently helping him get changed, and letting him go out again to play! I can hardly wait to put on my boots, and go into some puddles with him too!

As I walked... a song came into my head. I only knew one line - so I googled that line, and voila! I found the lyrics. ENJOY

Big Daddy Weave \ Fields Of Grace

There's a place that I love to run and play
There's a place that I sing new songs of praise

Dancin' with my Father God in fields of grace

There's a place that I lose myself within
There's a place that I find myself again

Dancin' with my Father God in fields of grace

There's a place where religion finally dies
There's a place that I lose my selfish pride

Dancin’ with my Father God in fields of grace

I love my Father, my Father loves me
I dance for my Father, my Father sings over me

And nothing can take that away from me

No comments: