Monday, November 16

I think I am beginning to get it....

It is a beautiful morning - I was up at 6 when Alvin got up for the day. I am finding it to be a little easier lately - to get up and spend the first part of the morning with the Lord. As the day breaks - I enjoy quiet time with Him. I don't always feel like I want to be up (sometimes I think I hear the call of my pillow and quilt which still feels warm from our bodies). But what a sweet time it is - and so I think this is something I want to make a habit!

Anyhow, lately I have also been trying to memorize scripture. I have found since last week - there are scriptures which have spoken to the deep places of my heart.

I want to share them with you:

Isaiah 33:2 (New Living Translation) 2 But Lord, be merciful to us,
for we have waited for you.
Be our strong arm each day
and our salvation in times of trouble.


Isaiah 61:3 (New Living Translation) 3 To all who mourn in Israel,[a]
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.

Isaiah 57:15 (New Living Translation) 15 The high and lofty one who lives in eternity,
the Holy One, says this:
“I live in the high and holy place
with those whose spirits are contrite and humble.
I restore the crushed spirit of the humble
and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.

Isaiah 26:8 (New Living Translation) 8 Lord, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws;
our heart’s desire is to glorify your name.

Isaiah 66:2 (New Living Translation) 2 My hands have made both heaven and earth;
they and everything in them are mine.[a]
I, the Lord, have spoken!

“I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts,
who tremble at my word.

James 4:10 (New Living Translation)10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.


1 Peter 5:6 (New Living Translation)
6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.


~~~~~~~~~~
The time spent in His Word this morning was ever so sweet. Thank you Lord.
As I was reading, I then read a devotional by one of my favorite women of God - Beth Moore. She said something that just blessed me this morning. She said, "We do not have to hate ourselves to see how small we are and to respond appropriately by bowing down before Him. We simply must choose to lower our heads from lofty, inappropriate places. We choose to humble ourselves by submitting to His greatness every day." My response this morning, was to lay facedown before Him -
There are so many things that I felt called to just lay down before Him, in submission and humility. I don't tell you that to raise myself up but rather to share how God continues to work in our lives, and through the prompting of the Holy Spirit within - to make us aware of relational sin in our lives - which leads to brokenness, repentance and that leads to us being able to dance with the Trinity!

As I got up from the floor, I realized how time had passed. The day was in "full swing" and the sky is blue. As I got a big cup of coffee I was thankful that I have the gift of this time at home. Yes, you heard it right - a gift. Some of you know either through conversation with me, or through this blog, that I have struggled (especially lately) with being unemployed (even if I was the one who chose that) and with wondering where God is (in the future ministry, in the sale of our house, etc) and wondering (even though I actually thought I knew) but still asked "God what is my purpose?"

I think, that perhaps I am beginning to get it - at least in part. I don't think that I will ever "get it" fully this side of Heaven! However, God has used a number of my close friends - to speak words that affirmed what it was He wanted me to know, to hear, and to believe in the deep parts of my being. That this time - is His purpose for me - so that I can rest in Him - and get to know Him more, and understand "resting in the Lord" firsthand, so that I in turn can help women especially through the future retreat ministry - be able to rest and retreat in Him as well. This time is but a "taste" of what He desires for us all....

So, the verses, the time spent with Him are all part of the process as He speaks to me - as He shows me His love through the written Word - as He shows me his love through creation around me... I am beginning to get it! Today especially God spoke to me about giving Him alot of junk in my life that I am holding on to. About submitting to Him (becoming humble some more!) so that He can do his work in me... and let me tell you, submission is NEVER easy!!

I am thankful for this morning - for this day - and just want to say again - Thank you Lord.

No comments: