Wednesday, April 18

morning by morning


Great is Thy faithfulness

morning by morning new mercies I see...

I woke up with some songs on my heart.  One of them is GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

"Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.



Great is Thy faithfulness!  Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided - 
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!


Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.
© 1923. Ren. 1951 Hope Publishing Co., Carol Stream, IL 60188
www.hopepublishing.com
All rights reserved.  Used by permission.


unless a seed falls to the ground and dies ...


taken one summer evening last year 2011

one morning at the cottage, Alvin and I were talking about our little Jay,
and about life in general since 2008, and
as I talked, I was looking out the cottage window and noticed a "J" in the trees.
On further inspection,
we noted that it was a branch that was shining/sticking out in the sun.
How amazing is God hey.

every sun set is different

I noticed this tree one day when I was out for a walk down Henderson Hwy.
and couldn't help but think that often, when the winds blow in my life
I likely look like this too.
When roots are planted deep into the groundwe can withstand alot of wind.

having farmed for almost 30 years of our lives, I came to love the look of grain in the fields

a fall scene that I took as I walked north on Henderson

His Mercies are new every morning!!
Great is THY faithfulness!

taken on Christmas Day - when we went with our family
for a walk in the park.  It had just started to snow.

God's creation takes my breath away.
OFTEN.

I stopped as I drove west on Church Road, and took a bunch of sunset pics,

I just thought the clouds looked like a lion.  Can you see it?

and I drove further and watched how it started to set - behind the trees

hoarfrost is simply beautiful.

only God can think of how to make each snow crystal that collects

foggy morning

the spanish moss hung from the trees in the nature park in our resort in Florida
and it always reminded me of old men's beards!

I never cease to be amazed at how our little Ev loves nature

looking up at the sky, through the branches of the trees

little sprouted Florida evergreen

the beauty of crocuses that grow at Sunnyside Cemetary.
they close at night and open with the sunshine
pale purple and furry
absolutely stunning!

Alvin and I went for a ride after church last Sunday.  The day was actually pretty grey
out but we drove north along old Henderson, crossed over into Selkirk and then
drove back home down River Road.  We went into the park in Selkirk and
drove onto the dock area.  The seagulls were sitting there.  I honestly never realized
just how beautiful this scavenger bird is!  Purest white with a rounded belly.
His beak has this black marking on it, and the grey of his feathers is is such a beautiful soft grey.
I could not help but be amazed as we watched them.



all of these pictures were taken with my little canon point and shoot
I usually carry it with me everywhere, as one can never tell just when there may be
a KODAK MOMENT happening.
God is just like that - always surprising us with new mercies every morning.
Just one more example of how GREAT HIS faithfulness is.




No comments: