Wednesday, December 17

Bacon, Eggs, and Starbucks Coffee

Today my day began early, with a breakfast get together with a dear friend, twenty years my junior. As we sat together, I was again amazed at how God is at work in her life, but more than that, I was amazed at how she is so open to hearing God's voice and following Him. I love that about K. She sparkles with passion for Jesus. I sat there across from her feeling numb but knowing that I want to sparkle too! We spent time sitting there, in the little place that we have chosen the last few times that we got together. It was a good time, hearing where she was at, and she listened to where I was at. I think that is what amazes me so much... that she cares to listen, cares to get together when she comes into Winnipeg. I admire her far more than she knows. I heard her frustration. I heard her joys. I heard where she is at in life, and I think we both acknowledge that life can be messy even when we are walking with God! As one hour turned to two and then almost three, we wrapped up our time together by praying for one another. Right there at the table, with people eating breakfast around us, I felt like she lifted me to the throne of God. Hmmm.... did I get a glimpse of His face through her?

Later at the end of my day, I had a grande coffee at Starbucks, and sat across from T, who is also 20 years or so, my junior. T and I used to work together. He is a dear and loved friend of my husband and I. As I sat there, at the end of my day, I realized that again, I saw a glimpse of the face of God through T. Again we talked... he talked and I listened. I talked and he listened. We talked about ministry, about life, about dismay and hurts, about living on the edge in many ways. I am sure we looked like an odd mix - a young man and a middle aged woman (perhaps people thought he was out for coffee with his mom!) The thing is, it was another blessing. Sort of like a continuation of yesterday.... oh, and I forgot to mention the other blessing - my friend Char who amidst a full life with university, and four kids and a husband, made personalized ornaments for us, in honor of our grandson. She stopped by in the middle of the day... and gave me a big hug on her way out to go and visit my kids and give them their handmade ornament too.

I realize that I keep wanting to see/hear/experience God.... and while I still wait to see his power at work and to hear his voice... I have seen again and again through people in my life, that He is loving me through people like K, T and Char... like Judy and Cheryl from yesterday.... and many more. God, thank you for these friends who love me even when I am so painfully raw and open. It is so messy right now... and even though I feel like i am not feeling - today and yesterday, I felt loved!

No comments: