Monday, December 29

A real faux paux.....

Today has been a good day. My kids just left a little while ago. My nephew and neice (in law) is in visiting from Calgary. I love having them over... they feel like close family even though we only see them a couple times a year. Mom K came out too. It was good to sit around the table, (unfortunately Alvin was at work) and to be able to laugh a couple times. It feels like we get a "breath" in once in a while... and a laugh does that.

While we sat in the tv room, I took the cards out of my bag to look through, and it was then that I realized that I did a huge mistake. Yesterday I blogged about how my young friend gave me the gift of a song. You know I read the card, and read her encouragement to either read the words now, or later, or whenever I can. I didn't unfold it all, I just put it back into the envelope for later. And, this is where the faux paux comes in....
I thought she had "given" me the song IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL.... and I knew I couldn't read it yet.
However today, I realize she "gave" me the song "BE STILL MY SOUL"...
Thought I should share those words with you too...


534. Be Still, My Soul
Text: Katharina von Schlegel, 1752; trans. by Jane Borthwick, 1855 (Ps. 46:10)
Music: Jean Sibelius, 1899; arr. from The Hymnal, 1933
Tune: FINLANDIA, Meter: 11 10.11 10.11 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Be still, my soul: the Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
leave to your God to order and provide;
in every change God faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: your best, your heavenly friend
through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

2. Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
to guide the future, as in ages past.
Your hope, your confidence let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
the Christ who ruled them while he dwelt below.

3. Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
when we shall be forever with the Lord,
when disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
sorrow for forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.



Well, I am still not sure I can ponder these words too much... but God you know that. thank you for friends who speak into my life.
Be still my soul...

No comments: