Monday, December 1

Prayes spoken from my pillow!

It is almost midnite... well, half an hour left, on the first day of the last month of this year. I should get to bed, but I think I had a little too much coffee tonight, and I have the feeling that sleep is going to take a while to come. It is like that alot with me - toss and turn, covers on, covers off - check the time, fluff the pillow, turn to my left, to my right.... such is the nights of a 50 year old woman, whose body is confused as to what temperature it should be! Not sure if this is God's sense of humor with us women, but it is taking alot out of me!

However, it is often during these nights that I get to just be still, and think, or pray. I love how God is always there listening. And contrary to what some people believe, I personally think that God loves to hear me when I talk with him. I often think that the way God and I interact, is the way I loved it when my kids used to climb up on my knee, and just sit on my lap - sometimes they just wanted to cuddle. Both of them were snugglers when they were little! Sometimes my kids wanted something, and would bring their "case" to me and hope I would give in to their cute little faces!! (okay, I almost always caved!) Sometimes they would come crying, or I would rush to them and wrap them in my arms. Sometimes they were upset with me because I said no, or "not this time" or "maybe later"....
You see where I am going with this right? I love thinking of how God loves for me to just snuggle up. To "just be" with him.

Lately it seems that I am talking to HIM alot... thinking alot....praying alot...journalling alot... talking out loud to him alot. And, I am so glad that my God is a God who listens, who delights in me, who intercedes on my behalf. And, who doesn't push me away when I vent!

I have thought alot about the end of this month, which will be the end of this year. I will be able to start my brand new journal with real buffalo leather, and ties that wrap around it... much more elaborate than my journals that I have been using. I bought this new journal as a gift for myself and can hardly wait to begin using it.....

I am already hoping that my journal for 2009 will have some new "hope" that I can write about in it.... we need a breath of hope. Jesus, we hope in you.
I know that the prayers I pray tonight, on behalf of my kids, all of them, and on behalf of my husband (who is fast asleep in the chair by me) and on behalf of my extended family and friends... I KNOW that when I pray, even if it is as I am trying to fall asleep - I know that My GOD HEARS every word, and that He intercedes to the Father on my behalf. Imagine, Jesus Intercedes.
So when I pray, as my head lays on the pillow, I can think of it laying on his chest so to speak, and his arms holding me. It is this Jesus that I love - my Saviour, my Lord, my King... Jesus, tonight, hear my prayers as I intercede on behalf of those I love, as well as for myself. May your presence be a soothing balm to my weary, and my broken spirit. Lord, have mercy.

No comments: