Sunday, February 1

Pizza and Friends


Okay, I love pizza. It is one of the foods that really, I should stay away from. Afterall, who can eat just one piece?? So, needless to say, having back to back nights of pizza likely isn't helpful in my attempts to lose some weight. HOWEVER, there is a huge "up" side to the pizza meals....it included fellowship with some of my favorite family and friends.

Yesterday we got a phone message "Hi, this is Fast's Pizzaria ---" The message went on, and the long and short of it was that our friends Al and Jan were making pizza and wanted us to come over. Al and Jan are like family...and we took them up on the spur of the moment offer. We arrived at 6pm and left at I think it was one or something. The night included laughter, tears, talking, listening and praying together before we parted. They are friends that we wish we saw more, and yet, whenever we do get together, it feels like there has been no time in between.
What a gift from God...

Today we ventured out after Ash and Mike left, and as we drove in a "white out" Alvin and I wondered if we were doing the right thing.... who drives in weather like this! We were heading to a gathering with our "young care group" - or most of them. Leroy and Joanne, Russ and Lisa, Terence and Mia and their kids. We got together for the Superbowl game (although I am not sure who actually really likes football). It seemed like a good excuse to come together for pizza :) and a visit. It has been a long time since we got together with these couples, who are dear and trusted friends whom we love and respect greatly. Over pizza we talked, laughed, shared life, and watched 7 little ones run and play. And about 8 or so, we all decided it was time to get the kids home and in bed...
These young couples are a gift from God to us.

Pizza and friends. A great combination. Both nights I was asked something in regards to the leave that I am now on. And today, is officially "day one" of my 3 month leave.

Feb. 1st - God, I can't help but wonder what you have in store for me? It is with great peace, and assurance that YOU are in control, and there is nothing that you won't walk me through. Getting to this point has not been without some struggle, but right now, it is with absolute confidence that I am doing the right thing, and I am excited to see what God does with me/in me through this next while.

I have no doubt that there will be more pizza... more friends. I am thankful for those who dare to step into my world and connect. Yesterday I had some good conversation over telephone too. Friends are a gift from God. God, thank you...

No comments: