Wednesday, February 17

a part of us... simply amazing!

just can't get enough of our little Everett!!
Cute, Cute, CUTE as a button!!
this was Joshua's first "formal" picture taken at 3 months, courtesy of K-Mart!
Note the little outfit which was very cute THEN... but today...
okay, you won't find this style in Baby Gap!!
Tomorrow, Feb. 18th, our little one ~ little Everett John ~ is two months old.
Now about 5 lbs heavier and 3 inches longer...I can hardly believe where time has gone.

The other day when I was there ~ I was looking at him while he slept so soundly. His little ears. Little nose. Little lips. His little chin (with his Poppa's little dimple in it) and his little fingers.
And it made me think of what our little Everett would do in his life - with those hands...
I think I made the comment to Leah that one day he would bring her a little drawing he had done just for mommy!!
I remember alot of the things that Josh and Ashley's little hands did when they were small. A mom remembers those things. The things that seem perhaps "insignificant" to an ordinary onlooker - is HUGE in a mother's heart! Like the little dandelion bouquet picked by little fingers... or the first little stick people drawn in crayon...or the little cookies that were shaped by the little fingers on the first baking time!
As I was looking at the pictures that Ashley downloaded to Facebook, I was taken aback again at how much little Everett reminds me of Josh. And today, as Alvin and I were talking about our little grandson (actually unabashedly "gushing" about him) it dawned on me - that he has little bits of me, and Alvin passed on to him through Josh, and the same with his other Grandma and Grandpa. It almost takes my breath away - to think of how this little guy is truly "fearfully and wonderfully made" and so very precious in the eyes of our Creator - God Himself. This little one - like his big brother Jay Benjamin ... is a part of us. So unbelievable. So amazing. Thank you God for the gift you give us in children and grandchildren.



Psalm 139 (New International Version) verses 13 & 14
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

1 comment:

ashleymarie said...

i sure do love this little man.