Friday, October 24

Come Away with me.....


The song "Come Away with Me".... can't remember WHO wrote it, but the line is running through my mind. I am sitting in the dining area of our little suite at THE MARK CENTER, in Abbotsford, BC. Alvin and I are here, and what a gift from God. Thank you Lord for this quiet retreat space... to get away with YOU, with each other, and to be able to listen for your voice.

While this blog will not be long this time, I do want to share a quote that Steve Klassen shared with me this morning, a quote that they use in their literature for THE MARK CENTER....
"The sooner we stop thinking that we are the energetic operators of religion and discover that God is at work, as the Aggressor, the Invader, the Initiator, so much the sooner do we discover that our task is to call people to be still and know, listen, hearken in quiet invitation to the promptings of the Divine. our task is to encourage others first to let go, to cease striving, to give over this fevered effort of the self-sufficient religionist trying to please an external deity. Count on God knowing on the doors of time. God is the Seeker, and not we alone...I am persuaded that religious people do not with sufficient seriousness count on God as an active factor in the affairs of the world. "Behold I stand at the door and knock," but too many well-intentioned people are so preoccupied with the clatter of effort to do something for God that they don't hear Him asking that He might do something through them." (From Thomas Kelly's "A Testament of Devotion" pg. 59)

No comments: