Monday, October 13

Give thanks to the Lord for He is Good...His love endures forever!


Here I sit at the end of Thanksgiving Day.... and it has been a good day, or should I say days, with our kids at the cottage. It is the first time we have been at the cottage this late in the season. We don't use it in the winter, mainly because it was not intended for winter use, they shut the water off this weekend on the main line, and well, it would just be COLD and impossible. Some things just are easier with running water.
Anyhow, back to this weekend. After church obligations yesterday, Alvin and I headed out to the cottage, and once we got there, put our new pellet stove to the big test. To warm up the cottage before the kids got there. Josh and Leah came for supper, and Ashley and Mike got home from a wedding in Toronto, and then drove out, so that they could wake up at the cottage!! This was the first time they slept at the cottage in the same bed! :) (their room was the only room without a baseboard heater in it, and well, as Alvin said, they would have to snuggle, and being newlyweds, we didn't think this was something they would have to be told to do! )

Anyhow, we celebrated with a turkey dinner, in a small way, with my sister and brother in law. Normally a big event for our families (extended) this year, we just needed to spend it more low key. It was good to be there with our kids. The only thing that would have completed our ideal thanksgiving, would have been to have our little Jay with us. In the midst of the day, without saying much, I knew that we were all thinking that Jay would have really changed our day in such an amazing way.
And again, sorrow was mixed in, and my heart was so sad...
We said grace before the meal, actually Josh did.
This weekend, I was remeinded again of GRATITUDE - the virture we are teaching the kids at church. And, I have been thinking alot of their memory verse, which is the title of today's blog. And, I need to give thanks to the Lord, for he is good - his love endures forever.
Sometimes it is hard to be thankful.... I know that first hand.
Sometimes it is hard to sing praise.... I have felt that, and yet, when I have chosen to praise you God, my heart is lifted!

So today, before I go to bed.... and join my husband who hit the sack about an hour ago, just as I was getting my second wind... I have decided that today, I am going to take this time to list what I am thankful for.
So God, thank you....
1) for your son Jesus who died for my sin. I am forgiven!
2) for my husband, who has loved me since we were 16. He keeps making me laugh! I love him too. Thank you God.
3) for my kids ..... Josh and Leah, Ashley and Michael. God, I am sooooo blessed as a mom.
4) for my firstborn grandson Jay Benjamin, who taught me more about life in the short time we had him. Thank you Jay for teaching me about love, and about caring, and thank you God, for making me a Granny!

Thank you God for...
5) future babies.... need I say more. Thank you God in advance.... God, hear our prayer.
6) for friends and extended family. So many. For my close ones who call almost daily.... what a gift.
7) for our jobs. Lord, help us not to take them for granted. Thank you for the opportunities to serve you through our jobs.
8) music... which soothes my soul
9) for quiet times - thank you for speaking to me Lord!
10) for life!! God thank you, and help me to live it to the fullest....

God, we are thankful, because in the midst of all the sorrow, we still know that you are GOD. May you hear our prayers, and answer. O Lord, great is your faithfulness. Help us to trust you with all things.... with ALL things. Lord, thank you for the miracles!

No comments: