Wednesday, October 22

Words from my Son... Live for the Moment


The other day I had the joy of having coffee with my daughters at Mountain Bean, and then Josh came by to join us. We sat there and talked over our latte's. I love it when my kids are around. I love it how they challenge my thinking. I love it when they say things just to see my reaction. I love watching Josh and Ashley bug each other just like they did when they were young! (without the screaming and tattling though!) And when we were getting ready to leave, my son said, "Mom I have two things to say...Live for the Moment and Delegate!!"

Fast forward a day, and there we were again, only this time all four were together. We were talking about involvements, and once again my son was the one to speak up and say, "no mom, you shouldn't be in the christmas choir"... Later, he gave me a hug, and said "sorry, mom, I've been a little hard on you!" Thing is, I love it that my son/my kids all actually, care enough about me, in the midst of their own stuff, to help me evaluate where I spend my time. I love it that when I am struggling to figure out my boundaries between work and home.... that they help me do that. I love it that my son dares to challenge me, and that my kids all care about what I do, and when, and how... and I realize that I am so blessed! SO BLESSED.

So, Live for the Moment.... I think that I want to live for the moment in this way... I want to see the color in each fall leaf... I want to take time to talk to our dog, and to rub the cats behind their ears, and feel the warmth of their little bodies as they sit on my lap. I want to enjoy the smell of coffee that my husband puts on in the morning. I want to choose NOT to answer the phone and let it pick up on voice mail. I want to take more time just resting in the presence of God. I want to memorize scripture more. I want to drink coffee with friends, take long walks with my husband and laugh together until the tears run down our cheeks. (we do that often actually). I want to fret less. I want to enjoy the sound of music, and laughter.... to sit by a river or lake and watch the water...I want to live for the moment, with a heart that is totally abandoned to Jesus!!

I want to live fully in the moment, but I also want to dream about the future... about the times when there will be more than 6 of us sitting around our table...and when are arms will be holding more grandbabies... I want to dream about when we live closer to our kids, and spend less time driving in our car. I want to take care of myself now, in the moment, so that I can be the best grandma around, and able to live fully in the future, and run and dance with my grandbabies!

It is my prayer O Lord, that I will first of all, have a heart that is totally committed to you... total commitment. I pray Jesus, that you would ruin me for the ordinary! I pray that you would continue to make me the woman, mom, wife, friend, aunt, daughter, that you have created me to be. As I live in this moment, may you make me more like you Lord. Help me to enjoy each moment that will lead to our life ahead. Still praying for the miracles God!! Your will be done. Help me to keep believing and trusting you! Thank you for my kids... for the way they speak into my life... for the way they love me and encourage me! O Lord, thank you for what you are going to do. Help me to live each moment... continue to give me the strength, to give ALL of us the strength, and the hope that "this moment will turn into something amazing!" Lord, we are choosing to trust! amen and amen.

2 comments:

christine said...

thanks for the reminder to live authentically and fully.
I like how you think!
christine.

ashleymarie said...

mom, i love reading your blog. I dont get to do it everyday, but when i come see it i spend a long time catching up.
i really love you a lot, and just wanted you to know.