Saturday, August 29

relaxing with my girls (and my grandbaby)


It's dark outside - I am home alone. The boys (in the extended Klassen clan) are on their annual camping trip. They did this the year Dad K. passed away and then the year later. Last year, since Ash and Mike were getting married - we didn't do a camping trip, but a golf tournie. This year, the gang that went is smaller - with only three out of five families represented. Alvin, Josh and Mike are all there.

I got to spend some time with my girls - Ash and Leah. And my grandbaby too!! Even though my grandbaby is still "incognito" (smile!!) It was wonderful. It was also timely. We spent the night together at a hotel - the Inn at the Forks. It was wonderful. We got pedicures, spent time together talking, laughing, and doing "girly girl" stuff. This morning, after a night where Ash had to keep telling me to roll over so I wouldn't snore - we got up and headed down to the Riverstone Spa for a massage. Absolute bliss to start the day off this way. Absolute bliss.

I got to feel my little grandbaby's movements - although I am not sure if I felt a kick, or a tumble or just a little poke!! Leah woke up early this morning just because the baby was so active, although a few hours later, the massage seemed to put the baby to sleep!! We have laughed at the little one's movements!!

The rest of the day we spend talking and doing some looking/shopping at St. Vital Center. At the end of the day we sat in Ash and MIke's living room, checking out a couple things on the internet (the girls showed me a cool site called Etsy). And then it was time to head home.

As I was driving - I realized again how blessed I am to be a mom to 4 wonderful kids (two by birth, two by marriage). I realize that I am in the second half of my life (if I live to be 100 which is highly unlikely - but I like to think that 50 is midway... ) I hae realized that I am feeling pumped about the adventure that God is taking us on. It is really an adventure. My friend Lynda's words "Joy, God is going to do something amazing. All I can say is fasten your seatbelt - you are in for a ride!" My seatbelt is fastened. I am loving it.

I am feeling very thankful - for a wonderful husband (our anniversary is coming soon). For my wonderful kids - all 4. For our health - for the blessings that God has given, including this call to retreat ministry. Oh Lord - thank you - may my life be a testimony for you! And may you be the one to get the honor, glory and praise.

I am feeling very loved. Very very very loved. And that in itself feels won-der-ful!! I also know that even though this chapter of my life - the 7 years at McIvor is closing - that the new chapter has already begun! And - the greatest thing about the new chapter - is that within it holds the birth of my second grandbaby! I can hardly wait.

I saw so many babies in the mall today - and oh how I wish we were pushing our little Jay around too. We talked about Jay today. At 13 months of age I know he would have been getting around. I have no doubt that in heaven - he is keeping his great grandpa, great granny and great poppa busy!! I just wish he was here so that I could be gazing into his little eyes! I am blessed to have become a granny last year and will always hold my little Jay in my heart! And while we laugh again, and while we look at little sleepers for this little one that is due at Christmas - we continue to grieve the empty arms. We know that Jay is with Jesus and one day - we will get to hug him again. Really, that is what we have to hang on to and the only thing that brings comfort.

So - tonight, as I post this and go up to my room - set my alarm, and settle down for a sleep in preparation for tomorrow - I ask you Lord - to continue to fill my heart with the knowledge of who you are Lord - the realization of the blessing you have given to me in my kids and grandchildren (one in heaven, and on yet to be born).
I ask you Lord that you would give a good sleep to the guys while they are camping, and a great time together as family. I ask you Lord that already you would prepare the hearts of each one that gathers tomorrow to receive from you. O Lord - I am so blessed - and I thank you. Amen

No comments: