Saturday, August 8

Sh....be still.

It is raining outside (again). The house is still. Very still.
And in the stillness - the words from scripture, Psalm 46:10 ring in my thoughts.
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.

It is like God is saying
"Joy...shhhhh....Be still.
Be still and know, that I am God.
Joy - KNOW it - experience it - I AM GOD and you just need to be still and rest in me - in that knowing - in my love -
It is unconditional, unending, and here for the taking .... now, and forever.
Oh how I love you - Be still and bask in that - in my love.
You Joy, are mine."

And you know what - it is the most amazing feeling - Lord, thank you for that this morning. Plain, simple yet profound and lifechanging.



Ah.... be still. Really, there is nothing I can do in my own strength. Anything I try will merely be attempts, I need to be still - to be STILL.

KNOW that I am God - to KNOW someone - like the way I KNOW my husband, or my children - it comes out of spending time, personal time with them - and listening to them talk - and watching them - and asking them questions - and just loving to be with them whenever we can be together. That is how I have come to KNOW God and to KNOW him even more and more and more... till the day I take my last breath - I hope I will never stop getting to know my Jesus. The Lover of my soul.

I AM - oh Lord, YOU ARE the great I AM.... nothing/noone compares to you. Almighty, Beautiful Saviour, Creator, Counsellor,the DOOR, Everlasting, Father, Faithful One, Giving, Forgiving, Healer, Just, Judge, giver of JOY, King, Mighty, Omnipotent, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End, Powerful, Protector, Provider,Powerful, Refuge, Rock, Redeemer, Saviour, Shepherd, The Truth, The Life, Teacher, Unconditionally loving, Victor, the Way, you o Lord, are the Great I AM - and I love you. Oh, how I love you.

No comments: