Wednesday, December 9

A few of my favorite Wednesday things...





Today was Wednesday and as I reflect back - there are some things that stand out from today! All in all - it was a great day. Thank you Lord! Here are a few of my favorite Wednesday things:

Got up early (well, later than normal, but still early) It was 7:30 am. I am loving the early rising (that is ONCE I get my butt out of the warm cozy bed) It is just good being up and at'em at the start of the day.

This mornings QT was focused on 1 Corinthians 13 - the "love" chapter. The bottom line: I could have all kinds of things/gifts/talents BUT if I don't have LOVE - then I have nothing!

My sons came out early so that they (along with Alvin) could have breakfast and then go and work in the heated shop. (Now, if we had sold the house the boys would not be able to work in the shop, making concrete countertops!)

Baked Shortbread cookies with chocolate chips. (SHOOT.... I also ate some! Not good for the "no white flour/no white sugar" plan)

Listened to Christmas Music!! LOVE IT ~ LOVE IT ~ LOVE IT! (Alabama, Boney M, Oakridge Boys, Sarah M, ....)

Went for a nice long walk again. LOVED THAT.
Froze my toes through my running shoes - DID NOT love that! (mental note - get some proper walking boots)

Got hugs from my boys! (definitely a fav thing!)

Bubble bath with amazing bubbles! (amazing what jets do to bubble bath in the water!)

Knitting, and almost done the prayer shawl! Put the tassles on one end.

Talked with Ashley a couple times.

Prayed for Leah and the baby at school! Tonight was the school's Christmas Concert - Leah will sleep well tonight, and hopefully the baby will too :) Today I got to mark our countdown at 9 sleeps!!

Caught up on life with Kim.... a long phonecall! I am so thankful for wonderful friends!

Just before I signed off - the tune "My Favorite Things" ran through my thoughts. I remember when I took voice lessons back in Grade 10 and this is one of the songs that I had to sing! It is one of my favorites!

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

No comments: