Monday, December 7

Be Still My Soul




Today was a full day - full of hanging out with my longest loved friend - Josie. We met in Grade 4 - in a little elementary school in Beausejour, Manitoba. Josie is also the one who introduced me to Alvin. Josie and I lived together in the city - in Grade 11. (not every parent trusts their kids enough to let them live together and go to High School). Anyhow, back to today. I spend the day, from 8:30 am on to 4:30 pm, with Josie. We began with breakfast. Ended with appetizers. And drank alot of coffee and had some real good conversation. Oh and we did a little shopping. Josie and I have always been able to be authentic and open with one another. She laughed today and said, "Joy I love it - you are so honest." (have I ever mentioned that I seem to have lost my "filters" over the past year?)

About noon, I talked with my baby girl... Ash. I could tell she was having a sad day. She also told me such. She is alot like this old mom so I understand those sad times too. How do I encourage her. How do I cheer her. Reality is - I just need to listen sometimes, and offer an ear. Reality is - sometimes I am not as good as other times. Reality is - it seems that our family is experiencing some mixed emotions right now. Great anticipation with the birth of our little one in 11 sleeps. We are also aware of some pretty great anxiety as well.

We pray. O Lord, how much we thank you for this little life!! This little one who makes their mommy and daddy giggle and smile with the movments!! Our excitement is so great we can taste it!! I don't know how I am going to contain myself the morning of our little one's birth!!

We have also prayed alot and God Himself knows how much He has heard me give him the anxiety. And that is what we need to keep doing - giving it to God. Casting our cares on Him....for He does care for us!!

I just read my girl's blog... http://www.tolovelikethat.blogspot.com/ and immediately reading Ashley's thoughts, I could hear the words of this hymn BE STILL MY SOUL running through my mind. So, I googled, and found all the words and you will find them below. May they bless your soul as well. Perhaps I will go to bed tonight with this tune on my heart - I figure it is one way to keep praising and well -praise can chase the anxiety away.

Be Still, My Soul
By: Catharina von Schlegel


Be still, my soul; the Lord is on your side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to your God to order and provide;
In every change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul; your best, your heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

~~~~~~~~~~
Be still, my soul; your God will undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Your hope, your confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul; the waves and wind still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

~~~~~~~~~~
Be still, my soul; though dearest friends depart
And all is darkened in the vale of tears;
Then you will better know his love, his heart,
Who comes to soothe your sorrows and your fears.
Be still, my soul; your Jesus can repay
From his own fullness all he takes away.

~~~~~~~~~~
Be still, my soul; the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul; when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.


1st Published in: 1752

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: