Thursday, June 23

recalling verses

This scripture was "mine" when I was sick and in hospital in June 05, and then when I and went into hospital for a while in March 06 and experienced my  near-death experience in the hospital, as well as my "recovery" so that I was able to have a scheduled hysterectomy in May 06.  I was given this scripture from a dear friend named Bert - who recited it to me, prayed with me and also shared his story about healing with me.  It has become one of my favorite portions.  I also just remembered that when I was in Youth Group, we used to sing this psalm, and it was called BLESS THE LORD.  Maybe this will be the song on my mind as I head off to bed!  Lord you are so good!

Psalm 103  (New International Version)

Of David.
 1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits— 
3 who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases, 
4 who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion, 
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

No comments: