Monday, June 20

resonating

Today these verses have resonated in my thoughts and my heart:  they are verses that God has used over and over and over and OVER (did I say OVER) again to bring peace, strength and courage to me.  Feeling like a need a dose of that again.

first of all - my favourite verse:
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, 
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future.  
Then you will call upon me 
and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  
You will seek me and find me 
when you seek me with all your heart, 
I will be found by you" declares the Lord.
Jeremiah 29: 11-14a  (NIV)

then the selected verses from Joshua 1: 5b, 6, 7, 9b, 18b

I will not fail you or abandon you.  
Be strong and courageous ...
Be strong and very courageous...
Be strong and courageous!  
Do not be afraid or discouraged.  
For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
So be strong and courageous.

No comments: