Tuesday, June 1

still

Psalm 46:10 (one of my favorite verses from the Bible)

Still

(Hillsong United)


Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still and know You are God


Today as I drove, I listened to this song over and over again. (on a CD) The words spoke to me - deeply. Of course, it is based on the words that God spoke aloud to me back in the early 90's. I still get shivers when I think of that morning.... the booming voice that said "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!"


Seem that these days - I am reminded again, and again... that I need to be still. You figure that would be easy when one is unemployed. (some people do wonder what I do all day at home!)


These words are a healing ointment for my soul today...

(the picture at the top is not mine, but is off the internet)
(tried to access the blog that used it, but couldn't get it... so I changed it slightly and used it. Hope that is okay)








No comments: