Saturday, October 23

please pray

I have decided to do a prayer request via this blog.... because I know some of you know mom well... and many of you know me well.... and many of you pray!
Thank you so much.

I am asking you to pray for my Mom (in-law) who now has pain. Multiple Myeloma is painful. We were very thankful that she didn't have any for a little while. However now she does. Two days ago we changed to a drug administered under the tongue. But last evening we changed and are now administering the same drug through a little needle port that is under the skin.

This method seems to be working.
I was pretty nervous at first, although the nurse said "you'll do well - you are so relaxed."

It has been a long day - and a long night.
The baby monitor I placed by her bed picks up every little noise and whisper.

Yesterday mom was perked up when Leah and Everett came for a visit. But as I engage with her now - even the perkiness she had then, seems a long way away.

Today is Saturday.... I am asking God to please God, just take her.
Mom is so ready to go HOME. SO ready.
I know that we don't understand the thoughts or the mind of Christ, and it is in times like this when you see someone you love deteriorate, I (and I know I am not the only one) just really wonders WHY GOD... why not just take her now.

But God knows.
The first breath and the last breath.
He knows.

O Lord, have mercy.


oh yes, in the midst of all of this - the boys are pouring the walls of the basement today. Please pray that will all go well - and without incident! In the midst of pain with losing mom.... is the joy of seeing God fulfill His vision for women... sorrow and joy always seem to co-exist. Or at least that has been our experience.
Thanks for praying for the boys too!

3 comments:

Tanis Gray said...

I will definitely pray. I don't know your mom in law except through your blog, but God knows her and loves her. I will pray for you and your family also.
Love your sister in Christ
Tanis Gray

Tanis Gray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.