Tuesday, July 6

Nature Worships

This morning, in my QT - I was looking up a few more verses on "strength" as I have truly been asking God for strength, in all areas of my being: emotionally, physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually.

As I sat with a fresh cup of coffee, the wind was blowing in through the screens. I love it. God's wind verses air conditioning always wins out!!

The thing is - I am just awed by creation this morning. And while I was looking up verses on strength, I accidentally (??) (if there is such a thing when reading in the Word of God!) came upon other verses which I knew and love. I think God just wanted me to "stop and smell the flowers" so to speak. I was just reminded also of the time that Jeannette came to meet me, with a tiger lily in her hand, and these words for me, from Phoebe (her daughter, my sweet friend) and although at this point, (shame on me) I do not remember what I was going through in life - but these were the verses God gave Phoebe to give to me through Jeannette (phew!)

And so just as then these verses of Scripture blessed my soul.... they do so now too...

These are the verses: Psalm 96: 11-13a
"The heavens be glad and the earth rejoice!
Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise!
Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy!
Let the trees of the forest rustle with praise!
before the Lord, for he is coming!"

So, this is my quest today - no only that I would eat/breathe/drink/think/even PACK in His strength BUT that as I hear the birds singing their songs of praise... and as I hear the trees rustling their leaves in praise... that I would be reminded of the greatness of our God!

Sing
Shout
Dance
Pray
Praise


Find a quiet spot ~ feel the sun on your face ~ hear the birds sing their praise!
Find a quiet spot ~ hear the wind in the trees
and know that the same God who created all the earth - created you, and loves you with complete abandon!!

Those are my thoughts for this morning - off to praise as I finish my coffee, and pack! This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments: