Thursday, July 29

Early Morning Songs

I know that I have a few friends/family who have specifically been praying for me, because they know how emotional it has been lately for a number of reasons. Last night, on facebook, Betty asked me how my day went, to which I replied that it had actually been a pretty good day - that I only cried once, and that I wasn't feeling overwhelmed (even though everyone who comes into my home likely looks and feels overwhelmed!). To which Betty wrote back (on facebook chat) that she would pray for me again tomorrow (today) which meant that Betty had prayed for me yesterday!

I know that I am transparent... that my kids know when something is up with me. My one sister knows that if I am not answering, it may be because I am a) truly not home or b) too close to tears to talk at the moment (which is what happened last Friday when both home phone and cell took messages all day.

I am okay with tears. Goodness... I think everyone knows that! I love the verse about God saving our tears in a bottle, and have often wondered WHY does God do that?

I have a full day ahead of me - but I am not overwhelmed. My good friend Jeannette is coming out this morning and will be here for night... she is an organizer, I figure the dust will fly!! (lol) Plus we will have some overdue chat time! (she is my friend, but also family, since she is my son Michael's mom!)

Later, Phoebe is bringing supper (O Phoebe you are such a sweet friend!) And more (our kids, Betty and Willy) are coming out to help move this evening... it is all good, but I have a feeling it will be a long day, full day, fun day, and that tonight Alvin and I will flop down into our mattresses on the floor, and sigh...

I have a car full of clothes to go and drop off (at the second hand stores) and so will go shortly, however as I sat here checking emails, the words from a song ran through my mind. As God usually does, I believe He sent these words to my heart, and they are just in time!!

Be still and know, that I am God.
Be still and know, that I am God.
Be still and know, that I am God.

I am the Lord who healeth thee
I am the Lord who healeth thee
I am the Lord who healeth thee

In Thee O Lord, I put my trust
In Thee O Lord, I put my trust
In Thee O Lord, I put my trust

Be still and know, that I am God
Be still and know, that I am God
Be still and know, that I am God.

(repetitive, but a most peaceful song for my heart this morning... God has used this often with me, and knows I need it today. Thank you Lord!)

No comments: